Sponsor: Klingler Painting & Decorating
Artists: Martha Brown
Location: Off Display
This statue will remain in place into October. Check back for updates!
Grant Wood’s home and studio was located at 5 Turner Alley from 1924 to 1935. At the suggestion of the John B. Turner, owner of Turner Mortuary, Wood built a studio and residence above the garage of the Turner property. The ability to live rent-free meant Wood could eventually give up teaching his job at McKinley High School.